October 06, 2012

The bottom line

Done with my masters thesis presentation. All work put in over the months summend up with one presentation and feedback provided. The topic was "Effects of extrusion cooking on Beta-glucan and fructan in wheat and rye bran".

The idea was to investigate if food processing, extrusion, could increase these two components of the total dietary fibre content in grains. Usually, during production of white flour from wheat and rye, the exterior of the grain is milled out to form a by product that is classed as animal feed. Working in collaboration with Lantmannen, the thesis results would help unveil new range of products for human consumption, with better eating attributes to it and with added value.

Without making this another presentation of my work, I would like to highlight the presentation part in this blog. Naturally with pictures.

The picture on the right shows one of the cue cards I had to help remember the results. Not the best handwriting but it served the purpose. The picture also is a reflection of my attempt at being a hand model.
 The concluding slide with the words, "...and this is the part when we clap at the presentation".
:)


The ladies around me with the Champagne that they had with them, that was generously shared with me and a friend. Louise, in the orange coat was my opponent who didnt have many questions (relatively less for her reputation) :). Ellen, in yellow who is her house-mate and supported her thesis work. One would think that drinking Champagne would not be allowed to be consumed in the building (canteen). So, I suggested that we had it in the balcony seperated from the large lunch hall by crystal clear glass walls. We were on high horses that day and no one bother to stop us.

All is well that ends well but I remain with 15 final little steps (credits) to graduate with masters.

Already awaiting results for queued courses.

In wise words of Borat, "GREAT SUCCESS!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment