December 27, 2010

Auspicious time zone

East Indians don't belive in God alone, they believe that some of them claim to understand whats in store for an individual decided by God. I am talking about Indian horoscopes. To explain to you more about this 'Kundali' or horoscopes, I had to use search tools on the internet. It still don't make any sense to me.

We usually go to a learned one, who knows( I say claims to know) something we don't. He, based on the exact time of the birth, comes up with a chart that is deciphered by him to unveil certain aspects of that indivduals future. My reason for dragging this to todays blog is because most of friends who are in India are either getting married or engaged this month or in the next. I am guessing its one of the most auspicious time during the year. It's not just a handful of friends- thanks to Facebook, I can keep track of how many are/ will be going down this year and in Jan next year.

Horoscopy and arranged marriage(still a common part of Indian culture) is inseparable. It has claimed to have predicted numerous successful marriages in my family-parents, grandparents, aunts etc. It is because, the time of birth holds more information than a lay man(like me) can know. These two months fall in the best time zone to conduct a significant ceremony like an engagement or a wedding. I personally think its fairy tale that is worth having a giggle about in a blog.

I wish all my friends a great future and a fruitful union in India. I wish I could have flown there for this Christmas holidays. It would've been hard to make to all ceremonies as they were geographically far off from one another. But my BIGGEST regret is missing out on the food! Man, the kind of lush food we indulge in during these fuctions is beyond delicious. Depending on which culture they come from, I would have been guaranteed a great variety, had I been to most.

No comments:

Post a Comment