March 20, 2011

Indulgence

A lovely sunny sunday. Wanted to make good use of the freetime. What better, I thought, than to make an exotic delicacy from another part of the globe. Thailand.

A quick look on subscribed youtube chef recipes, I found out that I had all the ingredients to make a Thai egg curry. So, I got busy. Chopped onions, grated fresh garlic and ginger, mashed tomatoes for puree and a quick invertory of the masalas for the dish. Coconut milk was the 'Mac Daddy' for this dish. One might say that the best chefs in the world are men. But this was from a couple of women in the US who post cooking videos for everyone to relish. A quick link to the vid'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyK-VPpUU8o

Tempered with old spice, spicy hot dried green chillies(Indian), a stick of cinnamon, some pods of green cardamom, bunch of Cloves and bay leaves filled up the kitchenette with aromas that one could describe only with the word- Tantalising. There is no denying that effect. A fellow blockmate was mesemerised by it and came in uninvited to my dwelling. I love it when I get that effect from my pot. I shared it with him this excellent curry served with steaming rice. He had no words cos he said his English vocabulary was weak.

In all, a great sunday so far. Only hoping that it will remedy the monday blues that might sink in later on this evening.
I just posted my Facebook status with this lovely relevant Italian saying- " There is no sincere love like the love for food"

I lovvit!

No comments:

Post a Comment